10 October 2008

Arrrrgh! - Effective Immediately, I Am Suspending My Blog



We are headed to the beach on Friday. Which means that my normally razor sharp mind has fumbled the premise to half a dozen posts since last night. So I give up. John McCain might have had the right idea after all. Hell, if he can "suspend" his campaign to go bailout Wall Street, then dammit, I can "suspend" my blog for a few days to do a little carousing at Pirate Fest. By the time the timer goes off to post this, I will be well on the way there.

'Cause right now I don’t give a damn about Old Spice calling Barack Obama “that one” at the debate Tuesday night.

I could care less about Scary Spice calling Barack Obama the kind of guy who is “not like you and me”, but a guy who “palls around with terrorists” Wednesday while she was on the campaign trail.

I don’t give a damn about the rescue/bailout/welfare check our government is forcing on Wall Street, especially since these troubled banks don't seem to need the money that bad anymore, at least not with all those “conditions” Congress attached.

I could care less right now about the wild gyrations of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, because there is no beach cheaper than where we're headed.

I could care less about Larry King and the rest of the gang at CNN, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, FOX, and the pablum they have been trying to pass off as news.

I don’t give a damn and I don’t care because I am going to the Coastal Empire for the weekend, a Deep South slice of the Georgia coast surrounding Savannah, a place with an everyday atmosphere that is so over the top it makes reality TV seem fake.

I am going to haul out my pirate costumes and my rings and my necklaces and my wig and my sword and my hat and lose myself in Pirate Fest, with fake pirate men fake growling at each other, eyeballing the real cleavage of fake wenches, brandishing fake swords and drinking real beer, all of us acting like eight year olds until Sunday afternoon.

So if the stock market collapses on Friday, we might just stay down there. If the Christian Jihad issues a fatwa against Barack Obama between now and Saturday, we hope the rest of you in "O Nation "have his back.

‘Cause there ain’t a damn thing that’s going to be going on between now and next week except some good old fashioned pirate fun.

Arrrrgh!








3 comments:

  1. Have a great time, but know that you and your fabulous posts will be sorely missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good time, fella! I'll be watching for your return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a cyber Wish I could be there too postcard.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

opinions powered by SendLove.to