18 October 2008

Dense & Intense - This Week On The Web



In the course of keeping up with the news and doing research, I come across some great stuff you might not see in your hometown newspaper or on the nightly news.


Dense & Intense - This Week On The Web is a compilation of longer, more detail-oriented stories and humor pieces that caught my eye during the week.




COLIN POWELL "gettin' jiggy wit it"


In the few short months I’ve had this blog, I’ve come across some pretty interesting blogs that I have listed on my blogroll that runs down the right hand column of your screen. I really like the feature the Blogger platform provides that presents a snippet of each blog’s latest post – it gives me a running list of headlines, kind of like my own presidential election newspaper. So this edition of "Dense & Intense" is devoted to the bloggers I read.

If you haven’t visited any of the blogs on my blogroll before, click on a few links. The things that stood out for me this week are:



Moderate Left - "Dead Cat Bounce"

Booker Rising - "Quote Of The Day"

Cogitamus - "Barack Obama"

Donklephant - "Why A Powell Endorsement Matters"

Jack and Jill Politics - "Obama Raises More Than 100 Million In September"

Keep It Trill - "What About Jamal The Plumber?"

Oliver Willis - "Bush Led Kerry At This Point In 2004"

Political Irony - "Jesus Hussein Christ"

Writes Like She Talks - "Will The Real Anti-Americans Please Stand Up?"

Slacktivist - "Racism and Litigation"

The Field Negro - "KILL HIM! - The Sarah Hate Tour, Continues"

Wearing Obama Everyday - "Day 43: The Word On The Street"

FiveThirtyEight.com - "On The Road: Western Pennsylvannia"

The Black Snob - "21 Days and Counting"





This picture by Art Maggot can be found HERE.




2 comments:

  1. hey! you said you weren't blogging any more till after the election!

    good thing i thought to check in again.

    from all that i have seen of and learned about barack obama in the past several months, it is my prediction that he will surprise everyone with his moderate but persistent approach to governing.

    thanks for all the great posts you've put up since october 10. i'm glad you were only kidding.

    onward and upward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't realize that was a joke?

    Sorry about that - the world didn't end, so we had to come back.

    ReplyDelete

opinions powered by SendLove.to