04 November 2008

Barack Obama - PRESIDENT!!!!!

You already know this, but I will say it again - Barack Obama will be the next president of the whole damn United States of America!

Phones ringing off the hook. My favorite foods, uneaten. Beer, (mostly) untouched. Cigars unsmoked.

And even though I am here in Georgia, where my vote didn't end up doing anything, it still feels REAL GOOD - I mean REAL GOOD - to know that I pushed the button for Barack Obama.

The night will be long.

And I will enjoy every minute of it.





3 comments:

  1. My humble musical letter to the president elect:
    http://writinghannah.blogspot.com/

    Best,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. It felt REALLY good to be pushing the button for Obama in Indiana, where for the first time in decades, it DID make a difference -- especially when I see how close those numbers were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. History was made last night indeed - but the best thing is to see hope in people's eyes again...

    ReplyDelete

opinions powered by SendLove.to