09 August 2008

What Do We Want? Five Part Series Begins Monday, August 11th



I’ve heard a constant refrain lately – at work, on TV, on the internet – from some of my black brethren about Barack Obama:

    He sacrifices black people to score points with whites and other non-blacks.

    Since he doesn't have anything good to say about black people he shouldn't say anything at all.
    I was offended by his criticism of black people.

    What gives him the right to call anybody out about anything?

    Since he doesn't have anything good to say about black people he shouldn't say anything at all.

    He doesn’t need to “lecture black people” about personal responsibility.

    He should be mindful of the tone he uses when he speaks to us.

    He’s just saying what racist white people want to hear.


Next week, What Do We Want?, a five part series, will explore some of the issues that underlie this intraracial discord.


MONDAY


TUESDAY



WEDNESDAY



THURSDAY



FRIDAY




Why do I think doing a five part series is important? Because there are an estimated EIGHT MILLION voting age African Americans who are not registered to vote.

EIGHT MILLION people who have varied reasons why they may not have registered in the past.

According to the Obama campaign, there are 56 million unregistered voters nationwide, 32 percent of the total eligible voter ranks. Of that number, eight million are black (which is also 32 percent of eligible African-American voters).

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Brown Man! This is an ambitious project you're doing! I'll be looking forward to them, and it's okay with me if you run behind because I know this a lot of work. Take care and I'll be back.

    ~ Kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its all in the can - gotta work this week - just had to get it off my chest after hearing all the rumors and innuendo - the one that got me one day at work was "do you think this n***** is the antichrist?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Brown Man!

    I will link to your series at my blog starting tomorrow ok?

    Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

opinions powered by SendLove.to