I will be on the radio tonight at 8:00 pm EST with Sean Yoes, senior reporter at The Afro American, giving my own two cents on the Tea Party, the exodus of staffers at the White House, and other political topics. Yoes is the host of "The WEAA/AFRO First Edition", an hour-long political talk show on Baltimore's NPR affiliate WEAA-FM (88.9 FM), which airs Sunday nights at 8 p.m.

The real deal tonight isn't the politics, but the radio station, which is doing one of its semi-annual pledge drives to help keep them on the air. I know times are tight, but if you have enjoyed any of the programs at WEAA in the past, consider making a donation towards the operating expenses of this Baltimore based NPR affiliate.

I've been coming on the AFRO/First Edition show once or twice a month for over a year now. It is always fun. Sound engineer Mike Nyce makes my phone interviews sound almost as good as if I was in the studio. Producer Korey Freeman keeps me abreast of the topics to be discussed. And my man Sean Yoes, the show's host, has the ability to shut out whatever else is going on in my day with a simple "are you ready" delivered in his distinctive baritone.

So tonight, my appearance is actually going to be two ten minute segments. I'm not sure exactly what time they'll be on. But it really doesn't matter, because tonight, its all about the Benjamins for the station.

If you like the alternative viewpoints public radio brings to the table, show WEAA some love and make a pledge of $25, $50, $100 or more.

You can click this link and push the "Listen Live" button at the top of the page to hear the show.

Enjoy!


Newsvine Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati Tweet It! Facebook
blog comments powered by Disqus
opinions powered by SendLove.to
top