Today's topic at my blog "Resurgence" on BigThink.com:


I See Myself In Black And White On "Treme"

After watching a few episodes of the new HBO show Treme, I have discovered that even though I am African American, I seem to have more in common with Creighton Bernette, the white college professor and burgeoning political activist John Goodman plays, than I do with many of the black characters who comprise most of the cast. Outside of his day job as an English professor, Creighton is a political activist who rants against the powers that be during NPR interviews and lives with a lawyer. Outside of my day job, I am a former English major and political blogger who rants against the powers that be during NPR interviews and lives with a lawyer.

Read More...


BigThink.com is a global forum connecting people and ideas.

You can access hundreds of hours of direct, unfiltered interviews with today's leading thinkers, movers and shakers, and, best of all, respond in kind. You can respond to the interviewee, respond to a responder or throw your own question or idea into the ring.

Big Think is yours. We are what you think.

Newsvine Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati Tweet It! Facebook
blog comments powered by Disqus
opinions powered by SendLove.to
top