Today At Big Think: Hanging With Mr. Cooper



Today's topic at my blog "Resurgence" on BigThink.com:


Hanging With Mr. Cooper

I was on Tybee Island earlier this week, sitting in my usual spot on the 17th street crosswalk just after dawn, when a young man carrying an ocean going kayak trudged out of the surf and started making his way across the beach. I said “good morning.” But his reply had an odd amount of exuberance in it for seven a.m., so we went back and forth, trading small talk, until he laid his kayak down along the bench opposite the one I was sitting on and sat down across from me. Little did I know that we would still be there almost half an hour later.

Read More...


BigThink.com is a global forum connecting people and ideas.

You can access hundreds of hours of direct, unfiltered interviews with today's leading thinkers, movers and shakers, and, best of all, respond in kind. You can respond to the interviewee, respond to a responder or throw your own question or idea into the ring.

Big Think is yours. We are what you think.

Newsvine Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati Tweet It! Facebook
blog comments powered by Disqus
opinions powered by SendLove.to
top