Today's topic at my blog "Resurgence" on BigThink.com:


Goldman Sachs Needs "Investment Banker Toolkits" For Their Troops

I used to have a joke I told all the time, back when the mortgage business was booming, about the “loan officer’s tool kit.” If I saw someone standing in front of the copier, frowning at the papers they were rifling through, most likely because the borrower had disclosed an annual income for the 1003 Uniform Residential Loan application that was higher than the actual income reflected on the copy of the W2 the loan officer was frowning at, I might say, “looks like you need to pull out your ‘loan officer’s tool kit.’"

Bewildered, because there really was no such kit, they would invariably ask “what’s that?” Whereupon I would give them a cheesy smile and say, with as straight a face as I could muster, “a bottle of White-Out and a pair of scissors.”


Read More...


BigThink.com is a global forum connecting people and ideas.

You can access hundreds of hours of direct, unfiltered interviews with today's leading thinkers, movers and shakers, and, best of all, respond in kind. You can respond to the interviewee, respond to a responder or throw your own question or idea into the ring.

Big Think is yours. We are what you think.

Newsvine Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati Tweet It! Facebook
blog comments powered by Disqus
opinions powered by SendLove.to
top