Health Care Stories: America



I was in Starbucks at lunchtime, sitting in one of their purple easy chairs, reading "Health Plan Opponents Make Voices Heard", an article about the latest brouhaha at the healthcare town halls, when I laughed out loud, startling the people around me.

It seems there have been sitings of small bands of people all around the country lately, including some of those who will tell you "I believe in creationism" without blinking an eye, who have suddenly done an ideological about face, claiming with the utmost sincerity that the madcap antics they are fomenting at the healthcare town hall meetings sponsored by the White House are all the result of "spontaneous generation".

I haven't written anything about the crazies - the Glen Becks, the Michelle Malkins, the Ann Coulters, the Michael Savages - and their followers since the great Teabagging Experiment, mostly because they are so predictable. Chasing ratings numbers or hit counts can make this crew do strange things.

I had a few thoughts today about healthcare reform after reading that article, but when I looked over what I'd written, I realized that I might need to let those ideas simmer a bit more before posting them here.

In the meantime, you might want to check out my man Bill Campbell's idea, which he described below to me in an email last week.


    Hey Brown Man,

    This month I'm trying to dedicate my blog, Tome of the Unknown Writer, to health care stories from America and countries with universal health care. Since we're going to be inundated with propaganda from all sides, I thought it could be enlightening just to hear from regular people how they feel about our health care system. So, I'm looking for stories about their experiences, their views on health care, what they'd like to see happen in the future, stuff like that. Then I'll be posting each story as I get them. I don't care if they're pro or con. I only care that their honest.

    If you could possibly contribute and/or spread the word or know someone who would be interested and pass it along, it would be greatly appreciated.

    For further instructions I put up two posts:


    Health Care Stories: International



    and

    Health Care Stories: America



    Thanks for your time and consideration. I hope to hear from you.

    Bill Campbell
    Tome of the Unknown Writer



You heard the man - if you've got a story to tell, Bill will publish it, warts and all, on his blog. If you've got a blog, post a link. It's our turn to expand the narrative. Who knows - maybe a compilation will find its way to the offices of a few Congressman, or even the president himself.

There's nothing like that "spontaneous generation" - you never know what you might end up with.




Newsvine Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati Tweet It! Facebook

3 comments:

Sarah Alaoui said...

great blog, and can't wait to see (read) your friend's blog in action.

Sarah Alaoui said...

*idea in action

victor said...

After going through this artical i have decided to bookmark this site found this really interesting & thanks a lot for keeping the blog Lively with such interesting blogs.


___________________
victor
Online Marketing of your brand

Post a Comment

opinions powered by SendLove.to
top